Hi Daniel, On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:28:05PM +0100, Daniel Engelschalt wrote: > hello all, > > i just wanted to let you know that i built kde3's kdelibs from 0601 > successfully with gcc-3.0.3 from suse for their 7.1 distribution > (minor errors at kiobase - seems work in progress). when i was > compiling kdebase from the same day i encountered a strange error in > kicker after its sub-dirs were built: > ld: /lib/libc.so.6 not found I see the same thing, too! I thought it was my local setup. I'm using a current gcc HEAD CVS snapshot (3.1 experimental) and SuSE 7.2. So using gcc 3.x seems to be the common thing. I've been able to link by capturing the link command and stripping all occurences of -lc. Unfortunately make ignores the fact that I manually built the lib and retries building it. I didn't find out where the -lc comes from. I deleted all occurences in ../libtool but that removed only some occurences. Michael >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<