List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GUI choice, opinion requested
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-14 17:27:50

On Wednesday 14 November 2001 07:00 am, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > > http://www.geocities.com/kdeprint/snapshot1.png
> > > http://www.geocities.com/kdeprint/snapshot2.png
> > >
> > > Which one is better in term of look and usability?
> >
> > I think number 1 is cleaner and more strait forward.
> > Screenshot 2 looks a little busier.
>
> I agree. Here's the obvious pros and cons I detected (which
> make me doubt which one is best):
>
>         Pros                        Cons
>         ----                        ----
> 1)    more compact            don't see copies and
>                                   files together
>
> 2)   see everything              larger (busier)
>      simultaneously

I would go for 1) It has all the important information in sight. "copies" is
nice, but I think that in many cases you don't need to be there anyway.
(Assuming you often print just 1 copy)

You aren't able to show everything at the front page anyway, you still have
the Schedule tab as well.

Cheers,
Waldo
--