List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GUI choice, opinion requested
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-11-14 18:29:38

> I would go for 1) It has all the important information in sight. "copies" is
> nice, but I think that in many cases you don't need to be there anyway.
> (Assuming you often print just 1 copy)
>
> You aren't able to show everything at the front page anyway, you still have
> the Schedule tab as well.

I finally implemented version 1), because of the smaller size and the fact that
you don't always need to have the "Copies" page available. I also implemented
a "show/hide" mechanism to get even a more compact dialog. This results in
the following screenies:

http://www.geocities.com/kdeprint/reduced.png
http://www.geocities.com/kdeprint/normal.png

The default state is reduced, except for "kprinter" where you must show at
least once to the user where to select files. After first opening of the
dialog, the previous state is remembered on a per-app basis.

Bye.
Michael.