List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Redirection problem + How to get files in Sidebar?
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-11-12 14:58:17

Hi,

I'm facing 2 related problems. I'll try to be as short as possible. I'm
updating the print ioslave and my objective is to browse the print system
easily from the sidebar in konqueror like:

Print system

 -- Classes
 |   |
 |   -- Classe1
 __ Printers

     -- Printer1

Clicking on a class of printer then opens an HTML page decsribing the object
(usually placed on the right of the sidebar).
What I did so far is reimplementing get(), stat() and listDir() in my slave,
and then come the problem of the mimetype for the class or printer object:

1) use "print/printer" (self-made mimetype), I then get an HTML page, but I
   can't see them in the sidebar because they are not dirs

2) use "inode/directory". Then a "listDir()" command is issued when clicking
   on it instead of a "get()" (as normally, an HTML page should be returned).
   I tried to redirect to a fake URL like "print:/printers/Printer1/index.html",
   but the redirection still issues a listDir() command.

Could anybody give me a small hint?

Thanks.
Michael.