List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO-Slaves and Docbook
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-12 13:32:18

On Friday, 9. November 2001 19:07, Josef Spillner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what's the correct way to install the ioslave information for an external
> (non-KDE-CVS) slave?
> When I simply put KDE_LANG=en and KDE_DOCS=AUTO in my Makefile.am, the
> am_edit mechanism doesn't trigger, but when I add an index.docbook to my
> files the result is that I can happily read the description of my slave in
> KControl (kdebase/kcontrol/ioslaveinfo), but all other help files
> (*.docbook) aren't referenced anymore in
> $(kde_htmldir)/en/kioslave/index.cache.bz2.
>
> Any hints?
> In case that can be fixed for KDE 3 (maybe the kcontrol module may try a
> fallback directory which contains the ioslave name or similar, or meinproc
> merges the index files, ...?), the problem would still remain for KDE 2.x
> installations (so I'll have to exclude it there).
>
> Or am I simply blind here?
Good question you raise. The ioslaveinfo module looks for kioslave/ext.docbook
and then asks the help slave to look for kioslave/ext.html, which
parseskioslave/index.docbook and greps out ext3.html (which is for CVS-slaves
generated from ext.docbook).

For external slaves the best you can do is to create a simple index.docbook,
an ext.docbook, call meinproc on the index.docbook and install ext.docbook and
the generated ext.html into kioslave/ext.* - but nothing else.

Greetings, Stephan