List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How should tasks be killed with KDE?
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () home ! com>
Date:       2001-10-23 17:07:44

Hi

I just do a ps -ef and look for the process I want to kill. Admittedly if you have
a half dozen terminals open it's hard to figure out which is which.

I used enlightenment for a while and it had a nuke this darn thing type of menu
entry. I think it was in a taskbar icon kind of thing. I found it handy.

If something like this is done for KDE I would suggest that it be hidden enough so
it's not easy to hit it by accident and certainly have a confirmation message
window popup. Users would get pretty ticked if they accidently hit the app nuke
button and lost a lot of work.

John