List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Suspend/halt at KDE shutdown - should it be added?
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () home ! com>
Date:       2001-10-23 16:58:15

Hi

I don't think it's really necessary. You can get this effect from APM or APIC from
the kernel.
If the deamon is running and there's no activity, the machine will suspend itself.
Also, the diskdrive are shutdown after periods of inactivity even if you are
useing your machine.

On the other hand perhaps some people will prefer to have a bit more manual
control over thier system.

If it's not a big job it might be nice to add but IMHO it should not be a
priority.

John