List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde 3.0alpha1
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () home ! com>
Date:       2001-10-22 21:20:06

Hi

I just checked the kde site again. I thought I had read that alpha1 required Qt
beta6 or better. However, I can't seem to find that statement (the "or better"
part that is). I guess I'm wrong.

In that light, I am fixing things that will probably be fixed in the next release.
Still, kdelibs compiled with only 1 minor glitch, kdebase had only the QT_KDE_I18N
problem which propagated to many files, kdeutil compiles without incident. That's
as far as I've gotten for now.

There may be a couple of bugs when I actually try to run things. I'll take it as
an experiment and will send patches if I fix something.

John