List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Kde3 suggestion -- alpha channel use
From:       "David Stidolph" <dstidolph () broadjump ! com>
Date:       2001-10-15 19:02:41

This kind of "trick" was added to Windows 2000, but never really
exploited since it was ONLY available to Windows 2000 (might make an
appearence now that XP is about to be out).

I'd love to see this available, especially if generally available.  I
often have to write something about another program and have to switch
back and forth a lot between the windows (not having dual monitors).
With this I can make the top window translucent enough to see under it
and still type.  It can also be used in games - imagine a radar display
for example.  How about a scrolling graph, or a stock-ticker, or even
just sub-menus?

This is eye-candy, but can be useful eye-candy.

David Stidolph
Austin, TX