List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Kde3 suggestion -- alpha channel use
From:       "Austad, Jay" <austad () marketwatch ! com>
Date:       2001-10-15 19:10:17

Did someone actually make this work in win2k?  2 of our programmers here
were trying to make IE translucent and they both ended up having to do a
complete reinstall on their boxes because it hosed everything.

One of the cool things about this is that it would also be a GUI enhancement
that the KDE community would beat microsoft to implementing in a useful way.

I'm using mosfet's Liquid theme (http://www.mosfet.org), and I really like
the translucent menus.  Doing this for a while app would be quite cool.

Jay