List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kde3 suggestion -- alpha channel use
From:       "Austad, Jay" <austad () marketwatch ! com>
Date:       2001-10-15 18:44:30

I posted this to the kde3alpha list, but I think this may be a better forum
for it:

The new version of QT adds hardware accelerated alpha channel support. Since
KDE3 will use the latest version of QT, would it be possible to place a
slider on the title bar of every application which would allow one to change
the whole app from 0-100% opacity?  That way, I can sit and browse sites
with a semi-transparent konqueror, and still watch what is going on in
windows behind it.  A mod like this would be sweet eye-candy, but also quite
useful from a productivity standpoint (since I routinely have about 20
windows open, or more).

Thoughts?

Jay Austad
Network Administrator