List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: I/O slave creation seems backward
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-28 10:18:38

Am Friday 28 September 2001 08:37 schrieb Ben Schepens:
> > The actual job, so anything that would need the meta data or could call
>
> your
>
> > slots will not start before you enter the event loop again.
> > --
> > Malte Starostik
>
> I am sorry to be so dense, but could you expand on
> "when you enter the event loop again" with a little more
> detail.
>
> Which specific event loop are you referring to?
>
> Again, sorry to be so clueless.
No problem,
Every Qt/KDE program has an event loop in which X events like keyboard/mouse
inputs, paint requests etc. and Qt internal events are handled. This loop is
first entered in main() when you call KApplication::exec();
Now if you somewhere in your program - in reaction to a menu, button, timer or
whatever create a KIO Job, its actual operation will start when your method
that created it exits and the program goes back to this event loop. To
simplify: in the usual case the job starts when the method from where you
created it exits.

HTH,
--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]