List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: I/O slave creation seems backward
From:       "Ben Schepens" <schepens () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2001-09-28 14:08:41

AHHHH....

I had no idea it worked like that.

So effectively, if you create and set all the job related metadata, slots,
etc.
in a single method, that method effectivley "set up" the job, but the job
does not "start executing" until that method is exited.

You say below, that
    "if you somewhere in your program - in reaction to a menu, button, timer
or
      whatever create a KIO Job..."
It sounds like, you could run into some trouble if you somehow blocked that
method creating the job so that it could not exit, OR you had a method that
created a job and did some lengthy operation afterwards before exiting.

Am I getting it now?

Thanks