List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: from kde-integrative to freedesktop.org...
From:       Er-Vin <ervin () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2004-01-31 18:41:39

Resending to the list... Thanks for your reply Daniel but I wanted
this to be public in particular for the project list ;-)

Selon Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>:
 > On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 05:28:07PM +0100, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
 > > freedesktop.org/software/home says:
 > >
 > > "Software hosted on/related to freedesktop.org
 > >
 > >  Some software has made its way here to live. None of this is "endorsed"
 by

 > > anyone or implied to be standard software, remember that freedesktop.org
 is
 > > collaboration forum, so anyone is encouraged to host stuff here if it's
 > > on-topic. "
 > >
 > > I'd say we're on topic.

 At the light of this definition... I fully agree with you, even if
 it's KDE specific it should go in fd.o.
 I still don't know if its a good thing to put something not DE agnostic...
 but since they seem to encourage it, why not! ;-)

 > > Daniel, what do you think ?
 > >
 > > Maybe also the qt-gtk integration lib and the qt-gtk theme stuff could
 move

 > > there ?
 >
 > YES, YES, and YES! Please! :)

 =)

 Ok! I think now it's clear... :-)

 So the first candidates for fd.o are (if my memory don't fail...):
 - qtgtk integration lib
 - gtk-qt-engine
 - fuse_kio
 - cuckooo

 Anything else?
 How can we apply for those projects? Is there any formal procedure to follow?

 Regards.
 --
 Er-Vin, ervin@tuxfamily.org, http://ervin.tuxfamily.org
 Ne font reculer l'ignorance"