List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Control Center or separate application? Was: Kalternatives 0.2
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2004-01-04 0:23:59

Kurt Pfeifle writes:

> I think one of the most important immediate things is to make a
> change that clearly differentiates between per-user settings and
> system admin settings.

> As I said elsewhere already, it should possibly even become split
> into two different beasts: KControl and KAdmin or some such.

> Also, to interface and coordinate with Waldo's efforts for a GUI
> frontend to configure kiosk mode(s) is very important

I agree with all of these points.  How do you think the above could be
implemented ?  I would hope we could make KControl and KAdmin two
instances of the same code.  Kapture should probably be made a part of
KAdmin btw.

Anyway, this is the area that I'd personally like to see kde-debian
work move into.  Improve Debian and KDE's need for an enterprise-ready
Desktop with the feature's seen in other distros.  And to do it the
right way, by working together with the two projects as much as
possible.  It's really nice to see this much discussion on this here !

cheers
domi