List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Control Center or separate application? Was: Kalternatives 0.2
From:       "Kurt Pfeifle" <kpfeifle () danka ! de>
Date:       2004-01-03 23:16:48

Claes Holmerson wrote:

[....]

> I think it would be more difficult to implement interactivity of more
> advanced kind. But I think it would be easier to create customized
> interfaces. If a sysadmin would like to expose only a few modules, he
> could create a html page embedding them, and then users could easier
> find them.

Have you ever tried to run

   "kcmshell energy hardware"
   "kcmshell energy hardware laptop"
   "kcmshell energy hardware laptop sound"
   "kcmshell energy hardware laptop energy hardware"    Oooops!
   "kcmshell printers mouse"
   "kcmshell --list"

? Wouldn't that do what you want to?

Combine this with a little bit of dcop and shell scripting magic, and
KDE power user's heaven is yours!    ;-)

Cheers,
Kurt