List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Control Center or separate application? Was: Kalternatives 0.2
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2004-01-03 23:08:22

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:55 pm, Claes Holmerson wrote:
> I have found that if I link to a .desktop file with the
> <a> tag, the corresponding program will be started first after a warning
> dialog is shown: "Do you really want to execute...". Is there any
> difference in the level of trust in this case, compared to the one with
> embedded kparts? It seems konqueror trusts such links less than embedded
> kparts? (Since it asks this question).

I think ArkLinux get around the warning message by using a special IO slave
that just takes a program name and executes it. So they use links to urls
that use their special IO slave. I don't want to think about the possible
security problems. :-/

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/