List:       kde-debian
Subject:    [devel] fuse mount konqy plugin in cvs
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-03 17:21:53

Hi Kevin,

I added a subdir kdenonbeta/fuse_kio/fusemnt_konqplugin/ , it's a first quick
and dirty try.
It adds "Fuse mount/umount" entries to the Tools menu in konqy. If you chose
"Fuse mount", a message box displays the mount point.

Problems:
-checking whether the dir is mounted: currently I read the whole /etc/mtab and
look for the current dir

-system("fuse_kio .... &") isn't optimal I guess, using "mount" or
"fusermount" would probably be better, but with "fuse_kio" the process has to
run independently, and this was for now the only way I found

-the use of system() is usually considered bad

-the UI "Fuse mount current directory" is probably not very intuitive, neither
the location in the tools menu. RMB menu or Location menu or toolbar would
probably be better.

other things ?

Waiting for your suggestions :-)

Bye