List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: kdenonbeta/kdedebian/livecd
From:       Conrad Newton <conrad.newton () broadpark ! no>
Date:       2004-01-03 12:50:17

>From Otto Kekäläinen on Friday, 2004-01-02 at 20:39:14 +0200:
> Viestissä Perjantai 2. Tammikuuta 2004 19:43, Mark Bucciarelli kirjoitti:
> >     In particular, we need a KDE guru to help figure
> >     out the two technical issues:
> >
> >       (1) how to set the language properly from the boot
> >           script, and
>
> I am not a KDE-guru, but I've made a few multilingual-live-cd-distros...
>
> KDE uses the default system locale as its language.
> KDM uses the language set in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc

Is the live CD based on Knoppix?  If so, the KDE language
is set by /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession at boot-time by
altering the files

$HOME/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
$HOME/.kde/share/config/kxkbrc

so that they contain the appropriate language setting.

In practice everything will work, so long as you
have an appropriate /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig.
See for example

http://files.akl.lt/knoppix/sources/knoppix-autoconfig.new

Each language needs a section of the form:

fr)
# french version
COUNTRY="fr"
LANG="fr_FR@euro"