List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Thank you note
From:       Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2001-08-27 12:36:32

Subject: Thank you note
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:58:54 -0800
From: Dick Saligan <dick.saligan@msa.hinet.net>
To: kalle@kde.org

Dear sir,

I am not a professional programmer but I tinker with my computer during
my spare time.  I started to take a look at Linux about a year ago and
at that time, I thought that Linux will be at par with Windows' ease of
use probably for another three years.  I used Mac for five years then
migrated to Windows in 1996 and since then, I am a Windows diehard.

Everything changed when you released KDE 2.2.  I consider KDE 2.2 and
the future KDE's will make Linux a common platform to ordinary users
like me.  I believe that it is not far from now when Linux will become a
viable option to Windows.  I just hope that common PC games will find
their way to Linux, through KDE, perhaps.

More power to you.

Dick Saligan

Matthias Kalle Dalheimer
President & CEO/VD