List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Any reason why kwmtheme.desktop not installed?
From:       Karol Szwed <kszwed () latcs2 ! cs ! latrobe ! EDU ! AU>
Date:       2001-08-23 0:47:36

Hi,

Yes, we have the kwmtheme client, and you're right, there is no
kwmtheme.desktop file installed. The reason for this is that the theme
manager traditionally sets the kde1 window manager themes (be that a good
or a bad thing). This was the case since KDE 2.0.

I was considering making a desktop file for it for KDE 2.2, but then I'd
have to make a config plugin for it for kwindecoration so that users
could add/remove the themes like for the IceWM client. Considering that
most themes are bunched together with background images, etc., the
config plugin would be a small replica of what the thememanager can do,
thus decided against it for now.

I think this is an example where KDE's themeing capabilities need
improvement. Heck, I'm even planning a thememanager re-write. Anyone
know the formats for the XP and windowblinds themes? Maybe I'll make them
importable too for KDE3.

Cheers,
Karol (gallium)

P.S. I apopogise in advance for the forthcoming double post - I
     accidentally sent this from a wrong email address, and hence
     got in the moder. queue. ;)