List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker extension
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-08-22 14:46:30

Hi

> Now come the questions:
> - do you find it useful? (I do as it gives kicker greater flexibility, and
>   you can also put some code into libraires, reducing kicker's size)
> - what should I do with it? Now, everything is in kicker directory, but I
>   guess the base class should be moved to kdeui, which would implies some
>   changes in the code.

I can't decide anything, but it sounds like something I would have needed
some time ago, but hadn't the time to implement it.

Why does it need to be in kdeui ? It is only usefull for kicker, isn't it ? I
think kdeui shouldn't get bigger and bigger, because of classes, which are
only used in one or two applications. Why not put it into an own lib ?

I think some more libs, which contain not commonly used (but used) classes
should be added to kdelibs. kdeui is big enough.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger