List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Outstanding critical issue for KDE 2.2
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-01 19:07:19

Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2001 20:58 schrieb Waldo Bastian:
> Hiya,
>
> KDE 2.2 seems to come along pretty nicely, I do have one critical issue
> though:
>
> I believe that information typed into forms on secure websites (https) can
> end up on the hard-disk due to auto-completion. This may mean that
> credit-card information may end up on places where the user does not expect
> it, which is an unacceptable situation.
>
> Can someone confirm that this is indeed the case? Can this be fixed ASAP?
Hmm, indeed. Would it be okay to simply disable auto completion for now (to
not introduce a new string for the config dialog :)?
If so, I'd need a pointer how to find out if the current connection (or
rather the form's target) is encrypted.

--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]