List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Outstanding critical issue for KDE 2.2
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-01 18:58:31

Hiya,

KDE 2.2 seems to come along pretty nicely, I do have one critical issue
though:

I believe that information typed into forms on secure websites (https) can
end up on the hard-disk due to auto-completion. This may mean that
credit-card information may end up on places where the user does not expect
it, which is an unacceptable situation.

Can someone confirm that this is indeed the case? Can this be fixed ASAP?

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Andrei Sakharov, Exiled 1980-1986, USSR, http://www.aip.org/history/sakharov/