List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdevelop@bero [was: Re: KDE 2.2 RELEASE]
From:       "F () lk Brettschneider" <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-30 18:23:46

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> Ok, located the problem.
>
> It's related to the fact that we've included a
> /usr/share/config/kdeveloprc to provide sane default settings for every
> user.
>
> That file contained
>
> [dock_setting_default]
> Main:view=Tree-View,Editor,Output-View
>
> This causes the current kdevelop 2.0 to crash at startup, 100%
> reproducably.
>
> I'm cutting down the config file, but the crash in reaction to the file is
> probably not the intended way to point out that the config file is
> obsolete. ;)
Hehe...I GOT YOU! :-)

If you used the _current_ CVS version and called the "KDevelop 2.0
setup" wizard, you wouldn't have problems at all because the wizard
removes [dock_settings_default] from the kdeveloprc file!

I added that on a recommendation of Waldo to prevent the user from
screwed-up config files.

Bye,
F@lk