List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: no good support for greek language from kde2
From:       Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2001-07-30 18:07:03

Subject: no good support for greek language from kde2
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:49:19 +0300
From: "xspikar" <xspikar@ath.forthnet.gr>
To: <kalle@kde.org>

Dear Sirs

Unfortunately it looks like that  kde2 doesn't support the greek language
 like kde1! I use suse linux 7.2 with kde2 but the greek keyboard layout
 don't work (!), all the characters remain in english although I have paid
 attention to the fonts to be iso8859-7 and the locale to be el_GR. This
 means that I can read but not write Greeks.
The guidelines from your greek team to correct the problem(at
 http://i18n.kde.org/teams/el ) are not for newbies but for linux experts (!)
 and more than this do not solve the problem... Please could you try to
 eliminate this inconvenience (bug)?
If this message does not concern you please send it to the appropriate
 department of kde organisation. Thanks.

Spiros Karamagkiolis
Athens, Greece
xspikar@ath.forthnet.gr

Matthias Kalle Dalheimer
President & CEO/VD
Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Fax +46-563-540028
Email kalle@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-7">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Dear Sirs</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Unfortunately it looks like that&nbsp; kde2 doesn't support
the greek language like kde1!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I use suse linux 7.2 with kde2 but the greek keyboard layout
don't work (!), all the characters remain in english although I have paid
attention to the fonts to be iso8859-7 and the locale&nbsp;to be
el_GR.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>This means that I can read <U>but not</U> write
Greeks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>The guidelines from your greek team to correct the problem(at
<A href="http://i18n.kde.org/teams/el">http://i18n.kde.org/teams/el</A>&nbsp;)
are not for newbies but for linux experts (!) and more than this do not solve
the problem...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Please could you try to eliminate this inconvenience
(bug)?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>If this message does not concern you please send it to the
appropriate department of kde organisation.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Spiros Karamagkiolis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Athens, Greece</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><A
href="mailto:xspikar@ath.forthnet.gr">xspikar@ath.forthnet.gr</A>
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>