List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdevelop@bero [was: Re: KDE 2.2 RELEASE]
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-30 18:32:15

On Monday 30 July 2001 11:23 am, gigafalk@yahoo.com wrote:
> Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> > Ok, located the problem.
> >
> > It's related to the fact that we've included a
> > /usr/share/config/kdeveloprc to provide sane default settings for every
> > user.
> >
> > That file contained
> >
> > [dock_setting_default]
> > Main:view=Tree-View,Editor,Output-View
> >
> > This causes the current kdevelop 2.0 to crash at startup, 100%
> > reproducably.
> >
> > I'm cutting down the config file, but the crash in reaction to the file
> > is probably not the intended way to point out that the config file is
> > obsolete. ;)
>
> Hehe...I GOT YOU! :-)
>
> If you used the _current_ CVS version and called the "KDevelop 2.0
> setup" wizard, you wouldn't have problems at all because the wizard
> removes [dock_settings_default] from the kdeveloprc file!
>
> I added that on a recommendation of Waldo to prevent the user from
> screwed-up config files.

Two remarks then:

1) That might not work because Bero mentioned the defaults where in
/usr/share/config/kdeveloprc.

2) And what if the user _doesn't_ call the "KDevelop 2.0 setup" wizard? You
might want to use use the kconf_update framework for this instead, it makes
sure to update the config files when you start KDE. (Let me know if you need
something that it doesn't support yet)

Cheers,
Waldo
--