List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Some kpersonalizer bugs (and fixes)
From:       Hans Petter Bieker <bieker () stud ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2001-07-30 14:42:29

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Thomas Diehl wrote:

> ... I always wondered why (the "C" I mean). Anyone cares to explain?

It's called C because setlocale() uses that for the build in translation.
It should be changed to something else. The language codes should IMHO not
be displayed to the user.

> Another problem with kpersonalizer from a non-US perspective: Even if
> it detects that your language is eg German it starts and continues in
> English. Not very helpful for non-US users.

Doesn't it run setLanguage()? I know setLangauge is a bit broken (it
didn't work if the the old language where C). Maybe I will fix it some day
:-)

Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Engineering Cybernetics
          bieker@stud.ntnu.no / bieker@kde.org / +47 97651633
                Dagaliveien 25 A  |  Elgesetergate 23 B
                N-0776 Oslo       |  N-7030 Trondheim
  Siste nytt fra industrien finner du p=E5: WWW.Industri-Informasjon.NO