List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Some kpersonalizer bugs (and fixes)
From:       Lukas Tinkl <lukas.tinkl () suse ! cz>
Date:       2001-07-30 12:51:14

Dne po 30. červenec 2001 14:44 Thomas Diehl napsal(a):
> Am Montag, 30. Juli 2001 14:01 schrieb Bernhard Rosenkraenzer:
> > Also (still at first start, without previous definitions), if LANG is
> > set to en_US (which is translated to "C")
>
> ... I always wondered why (the "C" I mean). Anyone cares to explain?
>
> Another problem with kpersonalizer from a non-US perspective: Even if
> it detects that your language is eg German it starts and continues in
> English. Not very helpful for non-US users.
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas

One more thing (even more important): even if it detects the right language
and country, it doesn't set the corresponding charset correctly nor does it
give you the choice to do it by hand. This is a must as iso8859-1 doesn't
help anyone outside Western Europe/Americas.

--
Regards,

Lukáš Tinkl | i18n | KDE development