List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do with kcmemail
From:       Christian Gebauer <gebauer () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-07-19 20:23:02

On Thursday 19 July 2001 21:33, Michael Häckel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We just recieved again a report from a confused user about IMAP accounts
> not working in KMail, when configured in KControl.
>
> My personal opinion is, kcmemail should be disabled for the release.

I agree with this proposal.

> In general, it would be nice, if the information KMail stores in its
> identities would be shared between applications like at least KMail and
> KNode. However for that, it would be required, that kcmemail supports
> signatures and a pgp identity. The settings about accounts and smtp server
> IMHO don't belong there. They are very application specific. Even a
> different mail KDE based mail client (and I heavily doubt, that there will
> ever come one up, that can compete with KMail, although some people try it
> :-) would probably have different options there and KNode doesn't need this
> information at all.

Yes, this this would be cool, I already to planned to ask for this / start
to implement this after the release, because I want to change the
indentity handling of knode to something similar to the indentity handling of
kmail.

My wishlist:

1) It should be possible to modify the indentities from the configuration
   dialogs of kmail and knode. I don't think we should force the user
   to install kdebase.
2) It would be nice if a program could define additional properties, for
   example the "mail-copies-to" property needed by knode.

Greetings
Christian