List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New kdesktop ?
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-19 20:40:53

On Thursday 19 July 2001 01:14 pm, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> I have a fix on my hard drive as we speak (write? read?).  I just have to
> do a few more tests before committing.

Okay, I commited it.  Non-thinking people may still be able to confuse
themself while messing the the names, but it's pretty straightforward for
everybody else.

If you rename the item using the Rename feature, then both the filename and
the Name field is updated.

If you use the Properties dialog, then only the field that you changed will
change (either Name or filename, depending on which you selected in the
dialog)

If you try to give an item the same name as an existing item using the Rename
feature, then the Name will be updated but you will be given a choice to
overwrite, skip, etc on the filename.  If you cancel that dialog, then only
the Name is updated.

If you change the filename of the item using Konqueror.. well, KDesktop
doesn't care.  It will continue to use the Name field.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop