List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do after 2.2?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-14 0:35:59

On Friday 13 July 2001 04:30 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > Maybe we can go with a parallel approach where we go for a KDE 2.3 and
> > have people working on a Qt 3 port as well. From my understanding
> > porting to Qt 3 only requires actual work in a few select problem areas
> > (e.g. like the styles). Those problems can then be addressed while we
> > work on KDE 2.3, once KDE 2.3 has been released we should be able to
> > move to KDE 3 very fast because we only have the trivial porting parts
> > left then.
>
> So would the KDE 2.3 be a partial release, of only those apps that are
> maintained in the 2.3 branch anymore?

We always release packages as a whole including all its applications, even if
some of those applications haven't got much changes. If it was good enough to
release for 2.2 it's good enough to release for 2.3 I would think. I see no
reason to change that. There are plenty of applications that haven't enjoyed
any significant improvements for a period of time.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
I don't suffer from insanity,