List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do after 2.2?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-07-14 14:37:56

> - I don't know much about this stuff, but it seems KDE uses a custom
> libloader where we should use Qt3's for KDE3 instead.
> - KDE's KPart's need to be ported to QLibrary, QPluginManager et al.

Those are the same thing. KPart uses KLibLoader. There's nothing to change
in KPart. Does Qt3 solve the problem of the meta-classes when unloading a lib ?

> - KDE's KConfig should be replaced by QSettings

I strongly doubt that. Did you notice that KConfig is heavily based
on KStandardDirs ? It gives a uniform view of N config files as it they
were one. Besides, it does its job just fine. I don't think we should replace
KDE stuff with Qt stuff unless there's a good reason for it.