List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do after 2.2?
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-13 19:35:06

#if Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Rob Kaper wrote:
>
> > If the port happens to be a matter of days, all the better.
>
> That is the case.
> Qt 3.x API didn't change much - a little perl or sed script that turns
> QList to QPtrList etc. will do most of the job.

Just FYI, porting my music player ('s.q.u.e.l.c.h') to Qt 3 involved
the following:

* strnicmp -> qstrnicmp
* Complete rewrite of widget style code.
* Explicitly include <qpainter.h> in one file where it was implicitly included.

s.q.u.e.l.c.h has a lot of code, so if it can be ported so easily, I'm
not too worried about porting other apps to Qt 3.

BTW, yes, I should go and change some class names + headers, but as you
say, this can be done with a little sed.

Rik