List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: HTTP ioslave port to TCPSlaveBase
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-11 23:39:31

On Wednesday 11 July 2001 13:59, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 02 July 2001 08:55 pm, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here is a link to a first run patch (rather large to post here) that
> > attempts to port kio_http to use TCPSlaveBase:
> >
> > http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/patches/httpport.tgz
> >
> > This patch fixes:
>
> I had a look at your patch from Jul. 7. It looks mostly ok.
>
> It has a line which fails to compile:
>     while( buf == ' ' ) buf++;
> Appearanly should be:
>     while( *buf == ' ' ) buf++;

Hehehe.. that is a typo trying to adapt David's patch to my version
so that I did not have to deal with all that merging conflict.  Anyways,
you fixed it properly so it should be fine...

> I'm currently testing your patch and I encounter some problems with wrong
> hostnames being sent but I don't know if that's a problem of your patch or
> of something else.

What exactly do you mean wrong hostnames being sent out ?  Like the previous
hostname being used ?  Any specific way to duplicate this ?  I will try to go over
this again.  The only I see this might happen is if you are using a proxy server and
want to connect to SSL sites which would then require.  Hmm...  I also will recheck
http_checkConnection to make sure that http_openConnection is called as needed.
That is hostname, port number etc... mismatch.

Regards,
Dawit A.