List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: HTTP ioslave port to TCPSlaveBase
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-11 23:53:00

On Wednesday 11 July 2001 04:39 pm, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > I'm currently testing your patch and I encounter some problems with wrong
> > hostnames being sent but I don't know if that's a problem of your patch
> > or of something else.
>
> What exactly do you mean wrong hostnames being sent out ?  Like the
> previous hostname being used ?  Any specific way to duplicate this ?  I
> will try to go over this again.  The only I see this might happen is if you
> are using a proxy server and want to connect to SSL sites which would then
> require.  Hmm...  I also will recheck http_checkConnection to make sure
> that http_openConnection is called as needed. That is hostname, port number
> etc... mismatch.

No idea what happens, I noticed two weird things but I doubt that it has
anything to do with the http slave actually:

*) I got a 400 Bad Request error from the http server because the query part
of the URL contained spaces.
*) It seemed as if slave didn't get a "setHost()" call when it should.

Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce these problems very well.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
I don't suffer from insanity,