List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Monolithic Config File; Beginner & Expert Modes
From:       Holger Schurig <holgerschurig () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-07-10 17:59:36

> There was a major hole in my clarification: this file would -only- be
> used by KPersonalizer and a kcontrol module, and only when a user
> explicitly applied it (in part or whole).

Could you please add the following two options:

- applying a file by dcop
- some directory where a file always get's applied

(think of the latter as a system-wide policy file on a NFS share. The
user does not have to manually apply the file, it automatically get's
applied when the sysadm places it there)