List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Monolithic Config File; Beginner & Expert Modes
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2001-07-10 13:42:02

On Tuesday 10 July 2001 03:41, Ellis Whitehead wrote:

> It's also definitely not intended to be for -everything- in kcontrol (I
> don't want the files to have to be long -- the shorter, the more
> maintainable), but rather to contain scheme defaults for things relevant to
> the scheme.

Something perhaps a little bit off topic. But I was wondering : when
selecting (for example) the background mode in look 'n feel (flat, pattern
etc), is the only way to know about what options are possible here to check
the dialog code in the relevant kcontrol module ? In other words, is there a
way to determine what entries are possible given a config file ?
I'm asking this because I was wondering if it would be possible to wrap a lot
of advanced config options up in a large tree (if you like) similar to the
one used in IE's advanced internet options. This would allow 'advanced' users
to edit tiny boolean/numerical/etc values in a fast way. An idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Jelmer Feenstra