List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Megagradient kstyle issues
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-03 23:57:34

Karol Szwed wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are still many issues with the megagradient style code that
> make it not fit for release with KDE 2.2 IMHO.
>
> Problems such as:
>
> 1) Setting a menu effect such as fade or scroll makes kdeapps
>    coredump when accessing menu items, even though the code seems
>    to attempt to disable these effects unsuccessfully.
>
> 2) Many widgets such as labels do not get their background colors
>    updated when resizing for example dialogs. This leaves ugly
>    bars of colour when resizing.
>
> 3) there are various issues with torn-off popup at this point in time.
>
> Even though I am attempting to fix these issues, I have serious
> doubts about whether this code should be released with kde 2.2 as these
> issues may not be resolved in time with reasonable stability.
>
> The only thing that depends on megagradient is kpersonalizer.
> Thus, I would like to come to a concensus here before I disable it
> in cvs, as kpersonalizer would have to be modified.
>
> Cheers,
> Karol (gallium)

Any alternative ? I can switch off the menu effects in kpersonalizer
when setting the megagradient as the style, which I intended to do
anyway. I talked to mosfet about that a couple of weeks back but
generally disallowing the effects inside the style would solve the
problem that the user can always enable it outside the personalizer
anyway.

I think we should give it a go this week during Linuxtag and decide that
when everyone is back next monday or tuesday (well, maybe wednesday,
already full schedule for mon and tue :)

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org