List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: HTTP ioslave port to TCPSlaveBase
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-03 13:31:35

On Monday 02 July 2001 23:55, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> Here is a link to a first run patch (rather large to post here) that
> attempts to port kio_http to use TCPSlaveBase:

  Cool!

> Known problems with patch:
>
> 1.) When connecting to SSL sites you get a constant warning about IP
> address of certificate not matching IP address of the site.  George how
> does this get fixed ?  I remember you saying something about you needing
> to do somethings once io-slaves were ported over to TCPSlaveBase.
>
> 2.) The "Lock" in konqy does not get activated even though the connection
> is actually secure.  This probably fails under the same issues as #1 since
> everything that had to do with SSL has completely been ripped out of the
> http io-slave :)
>
> Anyways, comments, feedback, problem reports, flames etc... are all
> welcome...

  One section of TCPSlaveBase is incomplete.  It's small, but still.  This
section handles some logic for frames since https needs to work a bit
differently there.  It will also need a couple of minor updates in
khtml_part. I should be able to do this code before the end of the weekend.
It doesn't matter if your patch goes in before or after 2.2 because this code
just won't be used if the kio_http patch doesn't go in.

--

George Staikos