List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: NEW Proxy config dialog
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-03 11:51:53

On Samstag, 30. Juni 2001 22:12, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the new proxy config dialog I have been promising for a while now.
> It is fully functional and with the exception of few and perhaps annoying
> cosmetic bugs which can be worked out later :)  It has quite few features
> that are not present in the current dialog.  It also fixes the infamously
> missing config option for setting up HTTPS proxy servers.  The intention of
> me providing it now is to have people try it and give me feedback.  It
> probably would not be in the 2.2 release since it contains many new
> messages etc... etc... Anyways, I appreciate any feedback specially from
> those using the auto discover mode (Malte will also appreciate this as well
> :) )
Yes indeed, should for any reason the translations for the current proxy
dialog get lost,.....
Seriously, having that option - and more important, decent HTTPS
configurability - would be really nice and for the SSL part almost a bug fix
:)
Dawit, guess you can't do it with just the old dialog's strings :( ?

-Malte

> 4.) Re-compile and try out :)  Please note that the cache and proxy
> configuration have been separated.  You can now invoke the cache
> config  dialog separately using the "kcmshell cache" command.
Does this mean it's not available via KControl? If so, that's gotta be fixed.