List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Big problem...
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-06-25 19:56:21

Ellis Whitehead <kde@ellisw.net> writes:

> This might be a kxkb issue -- I think kxkb might be re-reading some
> standard keymap, thus nullifying whatever was in ~/.Xmodmap...  I'm working
> through the XKB manual, so if this is indeed the problem, I'll hopefully find
> a fix soon... won't be able to look into it further
> until Tuesday, though.

Trying to work on my computer has become really hard since the
following characters are not available on my old German 102-keys AT
keyboard: {}|~ and the brackets, which I can't c&p with my mouse right
now because I don't find them. :-(

If there is no well-working way to detect the type of keyboard (which
I guess is as seldomly available as the monitor's correct DPI), I
suggest using the old behaviour as default. :-(

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/