List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole history update
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-06-25 19:49:04

Guillaume Laurent <glaurent@telegraph-road.org> writes:
> On Monday 25 June 2001 18:55, Hans Meine wrote:
> > Ah, history is working again after Chris Machemer's last changes.
> Nice to hear. Strange symptoms you had though.
Not really. I set history to 50000 lines so the "not-yet-filled-history-
displays-blank"-bug hit me. ;-)

> > What still concerns me is that there are still changes in the
> > functionality as long as unlimited history is unavailable to the
> > user.
> Unlimited history also means eventual filling up of the partition holding
> your /tmp. This is why it was disabled in the first place.
I know. Though, I can copy with that (just closing konsole as I would
know it was "my fault") and would really like to have a checkbox
"unlimited" below konsole's new "number of lines" lineedit.

> > Also: Is the user's configuration retained on a KDE update?
> Yes (you need to save settings).
Hmm, I really don't know if you understood my question. I mean I used
konsole without frame, scroll- and menubar for years (? ;-)) and
suddenly they re-appeared because the config file format changed.  All
users updating their KDE should get their old environment if possible
IOAO(*). Now those features did not really disappear but looking into
it, it seems to me that several options were moved from [options] to
[Desktop Entry]; namely "has frame=false", "schema=..syscolor.schema",
"defaultfont=..", "MenuBar=Disabled", "scrollbar=0" and all those,
which left me with a standard-KDE-installation-like konsole. :-(

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/

*: IOAO= In Our All Opinions ;-)