List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: This Week's CVS issues :)
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-06-01 22:04:06

On Friday 01 June 2001 20:57, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 01 June 2001 19:02, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > David Faure wrote:
> > >
> > > With or without image preview enabled ? (or in both cases ?).
> > > Yes it sounds unrelated but it isn't, the control doesn't go to the
> > > same place...
> > >
> > >     //we don't want the non-dot files to remain where they are
> > >     m_bNeedAlign = true;
> > > is there, so I guess that the bug is that
> > > KonqKfmIconView::slotRenderingFinished is never called...
> >
> > Happens with both.
>
> Ok, the bug seems to be due to a change in KDirLister (Michael Brade ? :)
> setShowingDotFiles() doesn't emit completed() after emitting the
> deleteItem() signals for the dot files. Well, maybe this isn't the right
> thing to do anyway. Fixed in Konqueror.
Oops, thanks for the hint and the fix :) But I think to add an emit
completed() (and emit started() as well) would be the correct fix. However, a
problem could be that an app might do "KDirLister::job()" without testing for
the returned job being null. What do you think/should I commit?

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.