On Friday 01 June 2001 20:57, David Faure wrote: > On Friday 01 June 2001 19:02, Ralf Nolden wrote: > > David Faure wrote: > > > On Friday 01 June 2001 12:14, Ralf Nolden wrote: > > > > b) konqueror's show-hide hidden files function misses a > > > > refresh/rearrange icons after selecting hide hidden files, currently > > > > the place where the hidden files were displayed are staying empty, > > > > i.e. only the icons are removed. > > > > > > With or without image preview enabled ? (or in both cases ?). > > > Yes it sounds unrelated but it isn't, the control doesn't go to the > > > same place... > > > > > > //we don't want the non-dot files to remain where they are > > > m_bNeedAlign = true; > > > is there, so I guess that the bug is that > > > KonqKfmIconView::slotRenderingFinished is never called... > > > > Happens with both. > > Ok, the bug seems to be due to a change in KDirLister (Michael Brade ? :) > setShowingDotFiles() doesn't emit completed() after emitting the > deleteItem() signals for the dot files. Well, maybe this isn't the right > thing to do anyway. Fixed in Konqueror. Oops, thanks for the hint and the fix :) But I think to add an emit completed() (and emit started() as well) would be the correct fix. However, a problem could be that an app might do "KDirLister::job()" without testing for the returned job being null. What do you think/should I commit? Ciao, Michael -- Some operating systems are called `user friendly', Linux however is `expert friendly'.