List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KURL problem
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 12:39:50

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 14:58, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a big problem with KURL and encodings. At first this is the output of
> kurltest when setting russian:
>
> kurltest: locale8bit : checking 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matà riel'
> against expected value 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matà riel'... ok
> kurltest: pretty : checking 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matï  iel' against
> expected value 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matà riel'... KO !

Hehe, I recognize this test.
Well, I don't think it makes any sense in Russian, in the first place.
This is a latin1 test. The "expected value" differs with the locale encoding, obviously.
(And especially prettyURL isn't meant to give the same result in all encodings,
on the contrary).

> And above that I get this with some added debug output:
> libkonq: KonqOperations::rename newPath=/home/coolo/Ð Ñ Ñ Ð 7
> kio_file: rename file:/home/coolo/%3F%3F%3F%3F ->
> file:/home/coolo/%3F%3F%3F%3F7
>
> I don't know how this appears in your mailer, but in the first line between
> /home/coolo and 7 are four russian characters. These end up as %3F in the URL
> kio_file gets. The encoding (or kodipowka as the russian call it :) i s
> iso10464-1.

Can you look into the [file-]static "encode" method of KURL ?
Since you're not using drag-n-drop, encoding_hint should always be 0... so this
uses local8Bit() to convert to QCString, and from there the chars are simply encoded
by value. So if you get %3F, it means that either the conversion ruins the string, or
it's whatever is passed to encode() that is already wrong.....