On Wednesday 30 May 2001 14:58, Stephan Kulow wrote: > Hi! > > I have a big problem with KURL and encodings. At first this is the output of > kurltest when setting russian: > > kurltest: locale8bit : checking 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matériel' > against expected value 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matériel'... ok > kurltest: pretty : checking 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Mat�iel' against > expected value 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matériel'... KO ! Hehe, I recognize this test. Well, I don't think it makes any sense in Russian, in the first place. This is a latin1 test. The "expected value" differs with the locale encoding, obviously. (And especially prettyURL isn't meant to give the same result in all encodings, on the contrary). > And above that I get this with some added debug output: > libkonq: KonqOperations::rename newPath=/home/coolo/афыв7 > kio_file: rename file:/home/coolo/%3F%3F%3F%3F -> > file:/home/coolo/%3F%3F%3F%3F7 > > I don't know how this appears in your mailer, but in the first line between > /home/coolo and 7 are four russian characters. These end up as %3F in the URL > kio_file gets. The encoding (or kodipowka as the russian call it :) i s > iso10464-1. Can you look into the [file-]static "encode" method of KURL ? Since you're not using drag-n-drop, encoding_hint should always be 0... so this uses local8Bit() to convert to QCString, and from there the chars are simply encoded by value. So if you get %3F, it means that either the conversion ruins the string, or it's whatever is passed to encode() that is already wrong..... -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today