List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KURL problem
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-30 12:58:59

Hi!

I have a big problem with KURL and encodings. At first this is the output of
kurltest when setting russian:

kurltest: locale8bit : checking 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matà riel'
against expected value 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matà riel'... ok
kurltest: pretty : checking 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matï  iel' against
expected value 'file:/home/dfaure/konqtests/Matà riel'... KO !

And above that I get this with some added debug output:
libkonq: KonqOperations::rename newPath=/home/coolo/Ð Ñ Ñ Ð 7
kio_file: rename file:/home/coolo/%3F%3F%3F%3F ->
file:/home/coolo/%3F%3F%3F%3F7

I don't know how this appears in your mailer, but in the first line between
/home/coolo and 7 are four russian characters. These end up as %3F in the URL
kio_file gets. The encoding (or kodipowka as the russian call it :) i s
iso10464-1.

Any ideas? This bug makes it impossible to give files a reasonable name in
russian.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.