List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: add "Lock Screen" key-binding
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-30 12:59:18

Dne st 30. květen 2001 12:02 Lubos Lunak napsal(a):
> Dne st 30. květen 2001 11:45 Helge Deller napsal(a):
> > Hi,
> >
> > the following patch adds a global "Lock Screen" key-binding (CTRL-ALT-L)
> > and would close bug #24706.
> > My main concern is, if I break binary compatibility with adding the
> > public slot slotLockScreen() to the workspace class. My latest tests
> > didn't showed any problems with only kwin and kcontrol/keys/* recompiled,
> > but I may be wrong.
> > Your opinions ?
>
>  I think you may commit and close the bug. The patch looks ok.

 Actually, now that I think of it, it doesn't really belong to KWin, just
like the logout keybinding doesn't belong there. It's kdesktop that provides
this functionality, and the keybindings handling for it should be handled by
kdesktop too IMHO ( what if I wanted to run KDE with TWM ? :))  ).
 I'll move it.

 Lubos Lunak
--
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org