List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Issues about busy cursor
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-05-29 12:34:51

>  Will the current startup notification system stay like _what_ ? How does the
> new system differ from the old one, besides getting the notification more
> often ? Well yes, and also without those few things like not working very
> well with kfmclient/konqy or using the generic icon for K-Menu started
> apps instead of the app icon.

Eventually, having the busy cursor while printing is not a bad idea IF: 1) the
icon used is the kjobviewer icon (fileprint.png) which is a good visual way
to tell the user something is printing, 2) the busy cursor effectively disappear
when kjobviewer exits. Then I would keep it as is (with maybe adding an empty
window, I don't know).

However here are some results about the busy cursor with apps started using
various ways.

1) Persistent busy cursor seems to occur with apps that execute another one:
   a shell script which uses exec, kfmclient (not OK) vs. konqueror (OK), ...

2) when started from kicker or the desktop, I get a wrong icon, but when using
   Alt-F2 and entering the app name (ex: konqueror), I get the correct icon

But I guess you already know that.
Bye. Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM